Reblogged from himteckerjam
I have experience of dealing with Native American bloggers, or bloggers who choose to get upset by these things, which is probably more accurate. I made the point that if they got as upset by the horrible conditions on the reservations, the grinding poverty, the high rates of crime and disease, and so on, as they seem to be about skinny white girls wearing feather hats, they would be using their time in a much better way.
By response I got a torrent of vile abuse including death threats into my inbox (which I don’t mind or anything, but it indicates you got nothing) and a bunch of people telling me that I don’t get to tell them how to fight their battles. Missing the obvious?
Check my Native American tag for the whole story.
1. I’m not defending anything. I’m not defending skinny white girls wearing feather hats. I’m saying an NDN blog’s time would be better spent.
2. I have no problem using slurs. I have no idea what slurs to use with Native Americans, but when I find any, look out! Until then: ching chong ching chong cracker.
3. If you think I’m masquerading as a warrior battling Liberalism gone mad, or if you think I have any truck at all with MRAs, you’re a moron or delusional. Check my blog for yourself and see where I stand on things before jumping to conclusions.
4. It hardly counts as a “sob story” if I couldn’t give a shit what happens. I make it clear in the post that I couldn’t give a shit about all that abuse. I mention it by way of indication that no one had any coherent argument against what I posted. You had no coherent argument either, by the way, you just flailed around like a three-year-old who’s discovered Party Rock for the first time.
5. I don’t know how new you are to the internet, but trust me when I tell you that “all your feathers are belong to us” is a fucking awesome tag and you should feel deep shame about bringing it up at all. I trained for five years in Korea with a level seven tag master to get to where I am with my tagging, so you need to hush now and go back to sleep.
6. Dude did you even read the post? Did you even make it past the tag? Remember - facts and data and information by way of response, OK? Mindless, ill-informed abuse just makes you look angry and petty and stupid.